Thursday, April 21, 2016

Marvelous spring!

What a marvelous time of the year spring is. I usually celebrate the autumn season as the crowning glory of the Lord's creation and no doubt I will again come fall. This spring is competing well! The colors, the sounds, the smells!

While on my early morning run, I watched a flock of bright yellow goldfinches flitting from tree to tree. I have never seen such a thing. They landed in the damp grass in search of what I do not know. And the chubby robins dancing with each other in delight of their season for love. How fun to observe and sense their joy.

Have you noticed the aroma of the blooming russian olive trees and honeysuckle vines already this April? Mmmmmm, heavenly.

Crimson red tulips, deep purple irises, bright white dogwoods, happy yellow forsythias. Autumn is going to have quite the challenge to win most glorious season of the year in 2016!

                          And here is my small effort at capturing spring beauty on paper.





Take some time to listen, smell and observe this beautiful spring day. Your heart will rejoice!

No comments: