Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Still playing with paper!

Oh how I love playing with paper...and thinking about playing with paper...and reading about playing with paper...and seeing what other people do when playing with paper! Here are some of my latest creations.







     Some of my favorite go to techniques for what I consider to be great cards are using embossing folders with my big shot for the texture and layers. Layers really help the colors pop and and the card look more finished.

     Mailing cards with embellishments like brads and ribbons requires that you take your card to the post office and have it hand cancelled to mail. It costs a little more but if your card is for someone special and the embellishment is fantastic, well, it's worth it!! I have started making cards more without the bulky add ons due to the mailing process. More because I have to go to the post office than the cost. So, when making your cards, try a couple with and a couple without so you have options when you need just the right card.

     Check back soon because I am going to post pix of an explosion box and some great tips on making it. Have a fabulous day!

No comments: