Monday, September 30, 2013

Leaves speaking bliss....

     I have some beautiful fall cards to show you. And a couple seasonal poems for your Autumn enjoyment!

 
     I used a technique of stamping the leaves using black embossing ink and then heat embossed using clear embossing powder.  Then I sponged the leaves in various fabulous fall colors. I did 3 pages of leaves, stamping and embossing and then varying the ink sponging and then later I cut them all out.



 Some people think the fussy cutting is too tedious but if you have a bunch prepared ahead it's an easy thing to give your hands something to do while watching TV. The card base itself was made in a similar way. I stamped 4 sheet of cardstock with all the stamps from the Stampin' Up! French Foliage. Then I cut the sheets into 4  pieces of 3 and 3/4 by 5. That will fit on your 4 x 5 1/4 layer of contrasting color then your base is your typical 4 and 1/4 x 11 folded in half. (or 5 and 1/2 x 8 and 1/2 folded in half)


Every leaf speaks bliss to me
fluttering from the Autumn tree.
                                                     Emily Bronte`



No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace,
as I have seen in an Autumnal face. 
                                                                      John Donne

Thanks for taking a look. Hope you are enjoying a lovely, cool fall day.

No comments: