Tuesday, October 30, 2012

playing with paper!

     Oh how I love paper. Actually, for as long as I can remember I have loved paper. Writing paper, journals, cardstock, notebook paper, all kinds of paper.
      As a child I loved to color, cut and paste or whatever fun project our art teachers had for us. All the colors and textures. Just looking at a stack of paper made me want to draw or doodle or hoard. Yup, I'm a hoarder. Ooh la la. The secret is out.
     And even now, I see a pack of pretty copy paper sitting on the shelf at work and I want to (and have done so...) take a piece of bright pink or orange paper, cut it in pieces and staple it together and make a little book and put it in my pocket. Then it's my private little journal for the day. Sometimes I don't write in it so I will bring it back the next day.
     Well, enough of my insanity. Have a look at my fancy folds class creations.

This is a pop-up card. The image is from a stamp set called Owl Occasions stamped on one the of tags Stampin' Up! sells. And the colors are cherry cobbler and gumball green, which are my Christmas go-to's this year. Love these happy colors so much! and the embossing folder is snowburst which adds a nice little touch.


and here's the little pop-up fellow inside.



and this is called a Double Z fold card. It has a beautiful wrap band to slide over it.

And this one is my personal favorite. It's called a side step fold. And we used the Snowmuch Fun stamp set that is super cute.


Well, thanks for looking! If you see anything you like and want to try your hand at it yourself, all of the products can be purchased here:
     And if you want any instructions on the folds just email or comment! Happy to share!

No comments: