Saturday, September 22, 2012

Colored metal designs

   We had a class here today using colored metal. We die cut it, embossed it, punched it, sanded it and staz-on inked it! Not all on the same pieces but all in all, we got to try something new and I had a great time teaching the class and sharing in the fun.




See that pretty autumn candle with the gorgeous handmade wrap? It has metal leaves that are embossed and sanded. And each of the ladies were given their own pumpkin spice or apple orchard scented tri-colored candle to wrap. A bit of ribbon, rustic twine, linen thread and  brassy brads to go with those great  leaves and voila!



This is a sample of the turquoise metal embossed and swiped with staz-on ink.

In my classes, one of my favorite things to do is offer choices. So after I explained the techniques I handed out choices of colors of metal and a variety of embossing folders to choose from. The best part of offering choices is seeing all the creativity these ladies have! I learn so much from them. You know how when you do something, you like it and think "OK, that's how you do it." Well, I am constantly shown how many different ways there are to do something.
 Yes indeed. THAT is one of my favorite things in the world; seeing a new way of looking at something, thinking about something or doing something. These ladies keep me on my toes! 

Here is a link to where I purchased  those cool colored metal sheets. 

http://www.addalittledazzle.com/

Thanks for your interest in my little corner of the world :)

  

No comments: