Thursday, September 20, 2012

Just one more mile...

   That's about how I get myself to put in the long runs. Just one more mile. Started out that way this morning, needing to get a 10 mile run in, not feeling it. Not feeling it at all. So...I decided a 5 mile run would do.
   As I ran and dreamed and watched the stars fading into a fabulous sunrise I decided to go just one more mile. Yes. 6 would feel like more of an accomplishment. As I was running the sixth, legs not doing too bad, lungs feeling pretty good I thought, well, an 8 mile run would get me closer to that 10 mile run and I wouldn't feel like my training was too far off the mark.
   Finishing up the 8th mile I had to throw in an extra little 3tenths of a mile lap for good measure, make sure I was really getting in every bit of this mileage, my wee little brain decided I might as well go just 2 more and make it good. Good job, Jane. Yup. Got that 10 mile training run in on not so much energy or strength or athleticism, just plain ol' want to and tricking myself a mile at at time. Love it!

Here is a little creation of mine. I took an old frame and just used the back with the stand on it to glue my art to. The designed paper is using the faux patina technique. The picture doesn't quite do it justice.



         Fall is only a day away! To celebrate I shall share with you a cute little fall card I made.


     Go take a walk in the sunshine today, sing a song and enjoy your day! 
Here's my song I would sing for little Boo...

If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening, all over this land,
I'd hammer out love between the brothers and the sisters, aaaaalllll over this land.
If I was a Grandma I'd sing in the morning, I'd sing in the evening all over this land.
I'd sing about love between the babies and their grandmas, aaaallll over this land. 
If I was a baby. I'd sing in the morning. I'd sing in the evening all over this land.
I'd sing about love between the mommies and the daddies, aaaaalllll over this land. :)

(you like my version don't you! Now this song will be a happy song in your head all day!)

No comments: